Wanna Come Inside My Head with Me? It's awfully scary in here...

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tale of a Scottish Fisherman & how I "get it"

The story is of an old Scottish fisherman who was having afternoon tea with some friends in a little tearoom by the sea. As he was describing some of his fishing exploits of the day, his hand accidentally knocked over his cup of tea. An ugly, brown tea stain appeared on the freshly whitewashed wall beside him.
"Never mind about the stain," said a friend as he rose from his chair & drew from his pocket a brown crayon. There emerged from that ugly, brown tea stain a magnificent stag with antlers spread & back arched. The friend of the fisherman was one of England's most famous painters.

Usually, our lives are full of ugly, brown tea stains that splash against whitewashed walls. In my kingdom, there often seems to be way more obstacles than opportunities, more pain than pleasure, more CHAOS than calm, more deep hurts than happiness, & more tension than tenderness.
Romans 8:28 says, (in my interpretation) that I must believe that as a woman/wife/mother who is grounded in Jesus - that God is using everything in my life to make me more like Him. Together, He & I can take the tea stains in my life & make something extraordinary out of them. That is what I have found to be true in my own life.
And when God says that's what He can & will do for me, only my "unbelief" keeps me from being the mommy & wife that He wants me to be. I do believe God, there is no end to my possibilities.

Another mom's blog, "Try Defying Gravity" trydefyinggravity.wordpress.com  said this morning (I am giving her all the credit for this amazing quote of her's) "I'm not the mother I thought I'd be, I'm the mother I have to be."  Thanks for your blog post this morning, girl! You encouraged ME!
For us parents of children with disorders (ASD, ADHD, Bipolar, ODD, etc.) disabilities, or just issues, etc., this quote rings true & gives us mommies strength. It's not easy, not at all.. but in my life, Jesus is there to hold me up & whisper, "We got this, girl... look at that old tea stain from 1998 & what we did with it! You are worthy & I will love you always." Wow... what a feeling!



**Credits**: Try Defying Gravity@wordpress.com, Quote:" I'm not the mother I thought I'd be, I'm the mother I have to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment